Monday, March 16, 2009

Artist Studio

I love seeing what an artist's studio looks like, almost as much as watching art in motion. It stirs this feeling of possibility within me, that I'm seeing a place of creation, and I wonder what might I possibly create myself if I had such a space of my own.



Today I saw the temporary studio of San Jose resident David Choe, who is currently in China preparing for a show. Reading through his blog today for the first time, David has this hybrid of street and studio art that I've been seeing all over the place in the last 3 years or so. This time it was brought to my attention by Village Savant, the voice of Anno Domini gallery, which I think I originally found through my local newspaper (whose own Arts & Entertainment blog has devolved into posts about video games and concerts...seriously you'd think the third-largest city in California would have a more sophisticated newspaper and readership, wouldn't you?) They're all about the local art scene here in San Jose & the greater Bay Area....I wish I was more of a participant in what's going on in galleries and stuff, but like David says in this video, nobody goes to museums anymore. The last time I was in a gallery or museum was a school field trip. I should do something about that....



No comments:

Post a Comment