Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vacation mood worn off already!

I took a mini-"vacation" this past weekend - really more of 2-1/2 days in the country with nothing at all to do but decompress from the pressures of real life. Already I am sick to death of being back at work. This happens every time I go away - I have ONE day back where I am in a more positive mindset, and then the second day *BOOM* - it's like I never left at all. The depression and anger all return. Because really, what can a few days away solve? Everything I dislike, all of my struggles, my feelings that I am not living my life the way I should, they're all still here. The only thing to do, and this is SOOO long overdue, is to change my situation in any and all ways that I can.

This week, I'm putting the charge upon myself to look into setting up a store on Etsy. I'm the kind of person who needs to look around, research, look around some more, dip a toe in, retreat, and then maybe jump in slowly. No diving for this girl! But, the sooner I set up a store the better. Been wanting to for a couple of years now - since I first heard of Etsy - and told myslef I would do it after I was "more ready". Well, I'm never going to get myself "more ready" until I have the need to, notwithstanding my recent jump in productivity in my artwork. The way I'll create the "need" to get down to business? Um, yeah, set up a store already! Then I won't have an excuse anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment