Sunday, February 22, 2009

Non Sans Droit


I'm not sure why but I've always been drawn to artwork in which the subject's faces have been obscured in some way. Veiled, X-ed out, covered up, or removed. I love the sense of mystery conveyed and the shock given to the observer.

Somewhat like in the drawings above, wherein apparently a coat-of-arms stands in for each face. These are by Maya Hayuk....I wish there were more of them, but didn't see any others on her site. If you like the way she's portrayed the hairstyles here, go check out her work "Hair Totems" as well.

"Non Sans Droit, Vol. 1-6" by Maya Hayuk, originally seen on desire to inspire.

* P.S. I have materials for several collages that have been sitting on the sidelines, waiting for me to work on them. They are in the vein of what I described above - when they're finished, I'll have to post them here. Hopefully sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment