Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Wall

Every day
pushing
just a little
bit closer
to the person
I
want to be.

Trying,
striving.
diving in,

Crashing,
thrashing at
that plastic wall.

Each impact
stretching,
fingers raking against:
Torpedos of intent.

Tiring now,
recede until
the next time.

One day the wall
will fall
usunder
and I
will
swim through.
_________________________

It really is tiring, trying to break bad habits and pick up new ones. I've got this mental picture of what it would be like - I mean, seriously ask me what my perfect day in my perfect life would be - and it's so far from the way I've been living. I know I'm making headway here, but it feels like I'm running at a snail's pace - where are my instant results that this society has taught me I should expect??? Hahaha.... At least I am keeping my sense of humor, quirky as it may be :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment