Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to Work

I went back to work today. No more glorious days of setting my own schedule, pursuing my own interests, feeling well and rested....It's back to working long hours to line someone else's pockets, arranging my life around this job instead of around my personal growth, letting my body, energy and mind atrophy to the point where I'm too drained by the time I get home to do much of anything. After one day back at the grind, I feel brain-dead.

The sad thing is, I'm the one letting things be this way. We all are - for everyone who is unhappy with their job, doesn't feel free to do what they dream of, or wonders why there isn't a better way - it's like this because we let our society be this way. There are many places in the world where people do not have to work so hard or for so many hours, where urgency is defined differently, where mistakes are not the end of the world, but I am not so fortunate as to live in a place like this. Too bad, so sad. I've gotta deal with what I've got, and make changes when and where I can. Hopefully the state of my circumstances will change for the better in the not-too-distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment